If there’s nothing you love more than your morning cup of coffee, then we know you’ll be obsessed with this adorable lapghan! This lap quilt pattern uses shades of green to create a classic gingham design using strip piecing techniques. Show off your applique skills by creating adorable raw edge applique coffee cups in a design that coffee lovers everywhere will adore. This darling quilt pattern is the perfect project to make ahead of chilly fall weather and warm pumpkin spice lattes!
Author’s Note: Long arm quilting by Michele Carlson of Bold Tomato Design
Skill level: Easy
- 1 1/4 yards light color cotton (Riley Blake Confetti Cotton White)
- 1 3/8 yard medium color cotton (Riley Blake Confetti Cotton Songbird)
- 2/3 yard dark color cotton (Riley Blake Confetti Cotton Jade)
- 3 yard backing
- 1/2 yard binding
- 50 x 60″ batting
- 1 yard Heat n’ Bond Featherlite
- Fabric marking tool
- Sewing machine
WOF – Width of fabric
Light – (3) 10 inch x WOF
Medium – (5) 10 inch x WOF
Dark – (5) 10 inch x WOF
Back: (2) 54 inch x WOF
Binding: 2 1/2 inch strips
- Join 10″ strips with 1/4″ seams. 1 set L-M-L-M-L, 1 set M-D-M-D-M
- Press seams towards medium tone fabric.
- Sub-cut pieced strips into (3) 10″ strips from each strip set.
- Join sub-cut strips together alternating LM and MD sets nesting seams for the perfect matching point.
- Press seams open.
- Trace pattern on paper side of Heat n’ Bond Featherlite. 15 – cup, 15 – lids, 15-circles.
- Press cups and lids to white fabric, and circles to dark fabric.
- Cut appliques out along drawn line.
- Center coffee cups on medium tone fabric and press in place. Repeat process with lids and dark circles.
- Top stitch along edges of cups, lids, and circles.
- Join backing together along selvage edges.
- Layer top, batting, and backing.
- Quilt as desired.
Join binding strips together and bind as desired.
Gold Members, Download Here
Not a gold member yet? Join Now