Channel the feeling of floating on air with this romantic summer blouse pattern. Made with ethereal lightweight fabric, this shirt sewing pattern features a deep v-neckline and flowy handkerchief sleeves. Hitting right at the waist, this breezy summer top also shows off your shoulders and is perfect for pairing with jeans or a structured skirt. If you love clothing with fairytale or medieval touches, then you’ve got to make this dreamy summer blouse.
Finished Sizes: XS (S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X, 4X, 5X) – 32 (36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64)” bust
- This pattern works best in fabrics with a lot of drape, like chiffon or georgette.
- All seam allowances are 1/2” unless noted otherwise.
- All rolled hems are 1/4“.
- 1 1/4 (1 1/4, 1 1/4, 1 1/4, 1 1/4, 2, 2, 2 1/2, 2 1/2) yds lightweight fabric, 42” wide
- Basic sewing notions
- PDF Pattern – This is located at the bottom of this page. Please see printing instructions below.
Note: To download the pattern, click on the pattern download button at the bottom of the page. We recommend opening your pattern download using Adobe Acrobat.
- With wrong sides together, sew Fronts together at center front seam.
- With wrong sides together, make a 1 (1, 1, 1 1/2, 1 1/2, 1 1/2, 2, 2, 2)” seam, sewing the Front and Back together, beginning at the dot on the top of the Front and sewing toward the sleeve hem, maintaining 1/2” above the seam allowance toward the cut edge.
- Make a rolled hem across the top of the Back and Front.
- Make a rolled hem along V-neck of Front.
- French seam the center front seam.
- Make a rolled hem along each sleeve bottom (x4).
- Make a rolled hem along each outer edge of sleeve (x4).
- Sew Back and Front side seams together with a French seam.
- French seam the side seams.
- Make a rolled hem at the garment hem.
Gold Members, Download Here
Not a gold member yet? Join Now